SessionM is looking to add a talented Data Scientist to support the continued growth of our AI and Data Science team. The ideal candidate will be highly experienced in Python and SQL, knowledgeable of statistics, be comfortable doing customer-oriented work, and have working experience with Hive, Spark and in data engineering.
- Design and lead experiments, analyze observational data to provide analytical insight into loyalty systems, user behavior, and ad performance using appropriate statistical tools and data mining techniques.
- Implement large-scale machine learning algorithms (classification, regression, recommender systems) using Apache Spark and/or other big data technologies.
- Produce and automate the production of necessary reports and analyses for customers.
- Develop programs and processes to access and transform large volumes of data from internal and external systems in a manner suitable for analysis.
- Perform complex data analysis in support of ad-hoc and standing requests and demand for insights.
- Research new data sources, analytical tools, and methodologies; contribute to new product development, operational delivery, and presentation.
- High proficiency in Python and the Python ecosystem: e.g. Pandas, scikit-learn and keras.Highly experienced in SQL Hive, Spark and the Linux command line.
- Strong oral and written presentation skills. Comfortable doing customer facing work, presentations and directing meetings with clients.
- Knowledge of Bayesian statistics and machine learning, for example A/B testing methods, multi-armed bandits, design of experiments and/or reinforcement learning.
- Experience with AWS is a plus.
- Preferred degree in computer science, machine learning, statistics, or similar quantitative field. Advanced degree (M.Sc/Ph.D.) is a plus.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience.
Comp & Benefits
Apply for the job
- Competitive comp based on experience level.
- Healthcare HMO & PPO.
- Stock options and 401k.
- Flexible Spending and Transit Reimbursement Accounts.