SessionM is looking to add a talented Data Scientist to support the continued growth of our Data Science and Analytics team. The ideal candidate will be experienced in developing and implementing methods in machine learning, while also exhibiting a working knowledge of experimental design, hypothesis testing, and general estimation procedures.
- Design experiments and analyze observational data to provide analytical insight into loyalty systems, user behavior, and ad performance using appropriate statistical tools and data mining techniques.
- Implement large-scale machine learning algorithms (classification, regression, recommender systems) using Apache Spark and/or other big data technologies.
- Develop methodology to address various analytic challenges, covering both internal and client-driven needs.
- Produce and automate the production of necessary reports and analyses.
- Develop programs and processes to access and transform large volumes of data from internal and external systems in a manner suitable for analysis.
- Perform complex data analysis in support of ad-hoc and standing requests and demand for insights.
- Research new data sources, analytical tools, and methodologies; contribute to new product development, operational delivery, and presentation.
- Advanced degree (PhD preferred) in Statistics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, or similar quantitative field.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in data analytics.
- Demonstrated results orientation and follow-through.
- Strong statistics, mathematics, and analytics background. Experience with machine learning algorithms (SVM, random forests, ANN, etc.), recommendation systems (Matrix Factorization, Factorization Machines), survey analysis, experimental design, hypothesis testing, and time series analysis. Candidate should have a track record of using his/her analytic background to solve challenging problems.
- Experience with statistical software, reporting, and visualization tools (R, Shiny, Python, etc.).
- Experience executing large-scale machine learning/data analysis from end to end using Apache Spark or similar big data technology.
- Experience with MySQL, Redshift, and Hadoop/Hive a plus.
- Strong diagnostic and insight skills; ability to find trends and patterns in data and explain them clearly.
- Strong oral and written presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in bridging business analysis and technical development.
- Willingness to teach other team members and learn new skills.
Comp & Benefits
Apply for the job
- Comp & Benefits:
- Competitive comp based on experience level.
- Healthcare HMO & PPO.
- Stock options and 401k.
- Flexible Spending and Transit Reimbursement Accounts.