We are looking for a Software Release Engineer who thrives in the challenge of pushing high-volume consumer and business web applications to their next level. We are looking for an individual with a strong background in the design and development of builds, scripts, installation procedures, and systems including source code control and issue tracking.
- Develop tools to automate and improve the efficiency of the integration and release process.
- Continuous integration and deployment of internal tools to multiple environments.
- Management and documentation of deployment processes and automation.
- Environment management to ensure all needs are covered for testing and development.
- Communicating issues to the development team.
- Working with developers and QA to ensure builds are stable upon release.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting build problems, and advertising these to the team.
- Assist and support developers.
- 2+ years of configuration management and engineering for web applications.
- Knowledge of Agile software development process (particularly Scrum).
- Experience with automated build systems such as Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis, TeamCity or equivalent.
- Strong troubleshooting, debugging, and analytical skills.
- Programming experience in at least one of Ruby, Go, Java.
- Scripting and automation skills in one or more of Bash, Ruby, Python or similar.
- Experience with bug-tracking and ticket management software (ie: Jira).
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Experience managing software release and deployment.
- Experience supporting multi-platform applications and teams.
- Solid understanding of continuous integration and deployment best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Must be self-driven and a team player with a solid work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work individually and as a team.
Comp & Benefits
Apply for the job
- Competitive comp based on experience level.
- Healthcare HMO & PPO.
- Stock options and 401k.
- Flexible Spending and Transit Reimbursement Accounts.